Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Rig Life

Some friends of mine have asked me about the rig & hows the life over there, since we work for weeks over there with out coming back to town,,, So I have taken the following Video's & pictures to show it to you,,,
well first I need to tell you that what are you going to see might be shocking to some of you people, and you might pass out or shit in ur chair,,,

but, lucky for you that I dont care a shit ,,,

First of all here is a video about our living area!!! oh yea for your info the place that I took these were one of the good camps around!!!


As I said this is a middle class camp,,, When ever I get the chance to live on a shit camp I will make another video,,, oh yea the camp I was in when I got sick as a shit place,,,

Damn,,, I am getting a flash back about the toilet I spend the night in,,,
This is a picture of the place that I usually spend most of the time in,,,

This is the states of the toilet on the rig site,,,



Well,,,

Winter time the temperate goes down to 5 degree (freezing cold), and it can go up to 55 degree in summer (raging hot)...
We will be working 24/7 to get the job done wither it is raining heavily or snowing like the Ice age,,,

My personal thoughts about this type of job,,, I really love my work and enjoying it a lot!! I traveled a lot and worked in rigs at, Yemen, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE,,, Worked at the raging sea, middle of the dessert & on top of the mountains,,,

Well here you are guys... This is simply my job,,,

So people before you ever start complaining about your job,,, Think about mine...

11 comments:

Amjad said...

... and I want to study Petroleum Engineering.

by the way, you're a petroleum engineer or what exactly?

Red Dragon said...

Oracle,,, There is someone who cleans the room for me :)

amjad,,, I am an LWD (Logging While Drilling) engineer, there are many types of engineers working at the rig site!! you dont need to be a petroleum engineer to work at the field!! just think wht kind of things you look in a job and try asking people working at the field about it,,,

Oblivious said...

Man! poor you...do you even like that? it seems fun though =P

No girls there, eh? :P

Elagante said...

I'm sorry for you, I really am... Life could be hard some times especially with NO proper toilets…

Red Dragon said...

Oblivious,,, there are girls working here,,, I worked with a couple of girls,

elagante,,, I know we need better toilets!!!

Castelluca said...

interesting..i hate being away in tough environments but it seems like you still enjoy and love your work so it's all good! ^_^

oh, and i think it's more interesting than lots of other boring desk jobs with shinning toilets :P

keep it up bro! ;)

sensation said...

But you guys who work as LWD engineers get paid damn well!!! I think that's enough to keep your big mouth shut regarding the toilets! ;) :D :p

Is that SLB site or another company?

Red Dragon said...

How did you figure that out sensation,,

It is true I work for SLB!!

but I tend to travle around from a site to a site I am not fixed on one place or country

sensation said...

I am a magician! lol! :p

well I am studying Engineering and I know that SLB has a site in Abu Dhubai. I was just guessing! :)

Red Dragon said...

Smart guess!!!

but SLB is all over the place! Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yeman, Malaysia, UK,,, All over the world.

These are the countries I have been too through work.

Devilish said...

What a life !