Saturday, August 19, 2006

How messed up could it be!!!

To begin with,,,
today was no different than other days,,, wake up take a shower go to the rig site and start work, finish my shift and go to sleep and then it starts all over...

but today something interesting happened that proves things can get interesting that this routine thing I am doing... :)

By the end of my shift I went to talk to the client to talk to him and he asked me "Where the hell were you a fire went on!!!" I was like "WHAT!!! I didnt hear the alarm"...

Client: "aaaah... it didnt work" me: "Then how suppose I should know there is a fire whn no alarm goes out"
Then I went to talk to one of the rig crew to exactly know wht happened...

A fire went out, they sounded the alarm but it didnt work. They took the fire hoses to put the fire out and there was no water. They tried using a foam to put it out and the electricity for the pumps went short...
but at the end they managed to take it out since it wasnt that big to begin with,,, but still all these faults happened whn a small fire went out... how would it whn the real thing happens, It made me think that things could be messy...

Well thanx god no body was injured or killed "damn it"

5 comments:

3anooda said...

dude!!! ever heard of fire and safety regulations?? this can be taken to the authorities and ur company will get into deep shit

Red Dragon said...

3anooda,,,
It is not from my company, there different companies work at the rig at the same time.
This is the fault of the rig company which is "NDC".
I was wondering how the hell this happened because they had an inspection few days back...

3anooda said...

Ok whatever

u just got tagged by me. ur first tag

Meticulousness said...

Good for you, safe eventually!

Anonymous said...

Violation of QHSE.

This incident should be investigated, and some lessons learnt derived and applied.

You should refuse working if things are not handled properly.

Your life should be worth more than the salary that you get from these Bozo's.