Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sound System

Ever since I have got my car, I started to design my dream sound system,,,
After I have found the perfect design for my sound system I started to work on it!!!

The first thig I have done is change the door speakers,,, Now each door has about 250 W Alpine speakers,,, Connect to an Alpine Amplifiers

Since I love to have some Bass I had installed three 800 W Subwoofers!!! The first one I just made a hole on the back dash and stick it there,,,
Three weeks later while I was examinning my boot!!! an idea hit me ,,, There were some hollow space at the side of the boot!!!

I thought there is enough space here to have a subwoofers,,, So I started modeling how can I have a subwoofer there with out lossing the space since I need it to put my camping or scuba diving kits there,,, After long thought I built a nice box using fiber glass!!! It took me three days to do it,,, Here how it looks right now!!! BTW this is from both sides,,,

This is how my system looks now!!!

There are three things left for me to do and this sound system will be the dream of every music lover & car freaks,,,

First, I will add two twitters behind the back seat!!! I am currently modeling a small boxes which are also gona be made with fiber glass,,,

Second, Since the factory head unit is combained with the A/C unit!!! I cant do any modifications for it with out damaging the A/C!!! So after a long search for the solution to help me over come this issue!! I found an AV PANEL SET which will help me to disconnect the A/C unit from the factory head unit!!! I have ordered the panel set and hopefully it will reach me after three weeks,,, Then I am going to install a pioneer avic-z1,,, which is a touch screen computer modified for a car!!! which basicly has every thing from navigation to entertainment system!! I will also install a rear camera So if you are driving behind me!!! you never know!!! I might be watching you!!!

This is how my panel is gona look like whn I finish with it!!!!


and last but not least!!! I am going to connect the car computer to the computer that I am going to install so that I can view more statistic data about my driving and show me in a graphic style with more data for me to analyze on the way I drive,,,

Hopefully I will be able to complete this after a month's time,,, I will keep you updated as soon as I finish with it

8 comments:

sweetness said...

A great car and ideas you got.

I wanna have the sound system for my car too,I like driving wile the sound is so high and is like dum dum =D.

And also I liked the computer screen touch system.

Amazing indeed =)

Tethana ^_^

BTW : u have legacy ?

Amjad said...

Sounds very cool man. What car do you have?

Castelluca said...

pimping your ride eh? :P

booming sound system! cool..i cant wait for the after pics..we'll stay tuned and you keep us updated ok?

^_^

Elagante said...

I'm a blond when it comes to these things but YA COOL:)

when am I invited for a ride???

Elagante said...

Hey car do you have?

Elagante said...

I don't know where is the WHAT there ??? BUT YA YA WHAT EVER

Red Dragon said...

sweetness Thanx,,, oh yea thats how I love my sound system to be like!!! will I can help you design a sound system for your car just tell me wht car and I will see wht can I design for yea,,,
Yea true I have a Subaru Legacy...

amjad LOL true true I have a Subaru Legacy...

nella LOL true but only the inside,,, LOL I will try takeing a video but I dont think it will have a clear sound,, the after pics are coming soon!!! I hope whn I get the panel...

elagante You are allways invited just give me a call whn I am in Oman,, which hopefully this weekend, I have a Subaru Legacy...
It seems u r in a strange mood..

muscati said...

My brother went and put a full Intel Centrino system running WinXP in his car about a year and a half ago linked to an Alpine head unit. It was a project he did just for fun and then took it apart and sold it. He had an HD with over 5000 songs on it in the car.

You can check some pictures of it here: http://flickr.com/photos/zaid175/

Good luck with your project.